Another spiralized recipe - a healthy salad

Another spiralized recipe - a healthy salad

So my zucchini are still producing - albeit slowly and now I trying patty pan squash in the spiralizer.
This is a very easy salad to make and while I have not grown all of the ingredients, most are from Arizona, so I am supporting local producers, if nothing else !

 
You can pretty much use any greens of your choice to start with. In this case, I used hydroponically grown lettuce, but I have also used spinach that I purchased at Prescott framers market too. (A good little market to try out on a Saturday morning at Yavapai college.)
 
I then layered on top the following:
 
Spiralized patty pan squash (my own)
Spiralized cucumber
Halved yellow cherry tomatoes (my own)
Chopped local figs
Toasted AZ pecans
Crumbled feta cheese ( Goat Cheese would work too)
Chopped basil from the garden.
 
( You could also try spiralized carrots, chopped melon and mint, the combinations are many, whatever you fancy. The more seasonal and local the better of course)
 
Drizzle with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
 
 
Healthy, crunchy and delicious !
 
 

Comments

  1. This looks fantastic, will be checking back and will send the link to my sister as she has a huge garden and I think she would love making this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback - I had it for lunch yesterday and it was delicious. Ring the changes with seasonal veggies, herbs and nuts.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to grow the perfect onion in the AZ low Desert (or so we hope!)

Malabar Spinach - a heat tolerant Summer green

Spring Gardenng Classes I am teaching