Harvest Pasta Sauce with Spiralized Zucchini

Harvest Pasta Sauce with Spiralized Zucchini

Having made the pasta sauce as I described in the previous post, you can now choose to either sieve it or use it as it is. If you do sieve it, that removes the seeds and bits of skin.

For sieving, I use the method shown below:-





Sieved pasta sauce - all organic, sown, grown and harvested in my own garden.
Such a delight to be able to do this I must say !


So now I have the pasta sauce, I can either freeze it or use it in the next day or so.

One of the ways I like to use it, is with spiralized zucchini "pasta".
The good thing about this, is that the "pasta" is completely carbohydrate free.

I just heat up the sauce and then throw in the zucchini "pasta". Turn off the heat, stir the "pasta" into the sauce thoroughly and by the time you get your plate out and serve it, the zucchini "pasta" is cooked.


Spiralizer and homegrown zucchini



Zucchini "pasta" You can also spiralize other summer squash.

As well as cooking this spiralized zucchini, you can just eat it raw in a salad. It is also a lot of fun to get children to help out with this, as they love watching the vegetables turn into "worms" !!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to grow the perfect onion in the AZ low Desert (or so we hope!)

Malabar Spinach - a heat tolerant Summer green

Spring Gardenng Classes I am teaching