Rain, Rain and more lovely rain !

Rain, Rain and more lovely rain !

Just had to write about the lovely rain we have had this past week.

Those who live in Seattle may think I am slightly mad getting excited about the rain, but us desert dwellers know exactly what I am talking about. We got an inch today and another inch last week, 2" in a week folks - fantastic !!! This is a big deal when our yearly average is only 8".

Anyway, the plants are very happy and I am very happy too - both for that sweet rainwater and also because I don't have to go and water anything now for a couple of days.

The rain has also stimulated some of the cacti to bloom too.
Here's a couple of photos.

 
Pink Echinopsis Cactus
 


I have also just planted some cactus seeds. I will keep you posted on what happens with them. This is a new thing for me, never grown cactus from seed before. I am very hopeful !!


 
Finally, I did go out yesterday and planted some corn.
This is the absolute perfect time to get a second planting of corn in. So I you haven't planted any yet, go forth and plant some now !!

Happy Gardening

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to grow the perfect onion in the AZ low Desert (or so we hope!)

Malabar Spinach - a heat tolerant Summer green

Spring Gardenng Classes I am teaching